This project includes an addition of 39,000 square feet and a renovation of 109,000 square feet for a High School constructed in 1954. The complex reconstruction, scheduled for completion in 2011, is taking place in phases while the building remains occupied.
The primary addition features a semi-circular front façade that provides a new administrative suite with visual control of the front of the school including a secure entrance vestibule. Exterior space within the outspread arms of the arc includes an amphitheater and a landscaped green commons. Nearby is a dedicated bus loading zone which contributes to the project’s overall improvement to site circulation and safety.
Sustainable design features include a sophisticated lighting control system that adjusts to the available daylight, high efficiency mechanical systems and roof overhangs that protect windows from solar heat gain.